Friday, 3 June 2011

Thank God it’s Fr-Fr-Fr-Friday!

Where I come from, it’s already Friday. The end of the week is always a good time to take stock as we tend to slide into the mode of not really wanting to do much at all. Seems a good time to not write much either, and as always, will aim to keep it short (You should value your time, even if no one else does!).

Here’s the key thing I learned this week about writing:
I’m suffering from information overload!

Truly, there is so much advice out there and I know I would benefit greatly to know all of it. It seems there is no shortage of people wanting to download on us ‘prospectives’, and I have to say this is a good thing. We would die without knowing what would help us (people do perish sometimes for lack of knowledge).

Whilst I want the information on offer, I simply can’t digest it at the smokin' rate it’s being delivered, and somehow that’s a blessing because I know I’m not left wanting. Ha ha! What an oxymoron. For now, I’m going to enjoy the beauty of rest – at least for two days.

To my mind, this sums up a difficult aspect of the writing life. With all that we are told and advised and warned about doing or not doing, there’s a little sunray peeping through the dark literary cloud that in spite of all the ‘rules’ and regulations, if we just keep plodding and are true to our writer selves, we’ll get there no matter which rules we forgot or accidentally broke because it seems like there are so darn many (if only we could just get it right, right?). Do the math. Getting into print is a ginormous miracle, but the math also proves it can be done.

Don’t know about you, but this always seems like a motto verse for any writer ;)
“I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.” Psalm 27v13
Que deviendrais-je si je n'avais pas l'assurance de voir l'amour de l'Eternel au pays des vivants?

Decide: Are you still confident of seeing the goodness of the LORD while in the land of the living?

No comments:

Post a Comment