Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Life's Like That

Sheesh. All I wanted to do was leave a couple of tweets and thank new followers for being so kind as to add me to their list and maybe actually read my tweets once in a while (because dang, they are SO worth reading, right?).

Whatever's going on inside the Twitter realm I shall never know, but I get a pop-up every time lately telling me that running a certain script may cause my computer to slow down or become unresponsive. This means I cannot leave a single solitary tweet or thank anyone or even leave a reply! I have to get out and away via the good old faithful CTRL+ALT+DEL method. It's just plain wrong.



How will my adoring following of 235 ever know how much I appreciate them with my ongoing amazing tweets of wisdom??? How will the world live without me?? Hmmm. I guess God will have to make a way, but here's the lowdown in case anyone was wondering (even if you weren't really wondering...), I did have some good things to share. After all, isn't that why we tweet?

*sigh*  -  it's not all about me, you know.  ;)

Today I came home with A Way To See In The Dark, a new album by Jason Gray (who is not on Twitter either and probably doesn't have to use C+A+D method to escape bad windows). This album I highly recommend for anyone who desires to rise above life in general and find strength in weakness. His testimony is quite amazing and encouraging as he overcomes - by the grace of God - a significant stutter. His voice is one we are blessed not to have to live without. Sometimes we truly need God to remind us who we are.



Also, I recently finished reading Di Morrissey's The Plantation and loved it. She's got a few titles up her sleeve but this is the first of hers I've read. It's been almost a year since our family vacay to Borneo and so I read it to bring back a flood of happy memories (which it did). I guess the bottom line is, would I pick up another of her books? The answer is yes, but seeing as how there are a massive cache of them (like, 20 or something), I would again choose the one closest to my interests because my unread book pile stands about 3 feet tall...




So, there you have it. That was what I wanted to say. And a big thank you to the kind live ones out there who opted to follow lil' ol' me. I appreciate the clicks. When Providence dictates a turn of events, I may even be able to follow you back instead of having to C+A+D my way out as fast as possible or be deadlocked forever.

Darn you script!!  Time to phone a friend...

Q: What do you do when life locks you in??


“Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.” Phlippians 2v3-4

Ne faites rien par esprit de rivalité ou par désir d’une gloire sans valeur, mais avec humilité considérez les autres comme supérieurs à vous-mêmes. Que chacun de vous, au lieu de regarder à ses propres intérêts, regarde aussi à ceux des autres.

No comments:

Post a Comment