Saturday, 12 January 2013

New Year, New Gear

Happy New Year and I hope you're living a life aimed toward God and His glory more and more!



An encouraging word I read this morning can be found in the February 2013 WD Magazine. Jenny Milchman is now in print, but naturally it took a while. This is what she had to say about what she did while she waited (and worked):

"Cover of Snow is my debut novel, but it's the eighth one I wrote. At a certain point when the rejections were flying so fast and furious that I didn't even see them anymore (that's a lie), I realised that published writers wrote roughly a book a year, so I might as well do the same. I wrote eight books in 11 years, slowing down some when I had two babies."

 

Sister, I feel it. And I've done 11 books in 14 years (and two babies). This year I'll still be aimed in the direction of the winning query that baits an agent and suddenly we are hooked together til the victorious end, but while I wait there's work to be done. The writing and the perfecting will not stop, and I know I'll be up for every moment of it. That's life!

Maybe you have a plan for the year ahead, maybe you don't. Either way, your work will not stop. Make it count and push on. Can you drop your 3 and help your 6 become a 9?

And go with God.

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6v9
Ne négligeons pas de faire le bien, car nous moissonnerons au moment convenable, si nous ne nous relâchons pas.

No comments:

Post a Comment