Thursday, 15 August 2013

iPad brilliance, iHuman dominance

The technology available at our fingertips is truly an amazing feat. The development of things like touchpad tech has revolutionised, well, pretty much everything. Can you imagine what someone from one hundred years ago would think of our modern life if we were to bring them forward to experience what they could never have dreamed?
I hope not.
 
 

Take, for example, the iPad. My little Valleys especially think this invention is pretty clever, but even they can recognise Apple's greatness is limited. You heard it here first many moons ago, I am a self-confessed Luddite and anti-Apple, big-brother conspiracy theorist, so it comes as no surprise I enjoyed my oldest Valley's discovery.

The iPad has a voice-activated feature called Siri (nice name, if I may say so), which my kids employ for their own amusement as the feature (I dare not call it 'she') has some trouble understanding our words. Perhaps we should speak to it in a more southern Californian tone? Who knows. Siri gives the kids a laugh, but this one made me laugh:

Elder Valley Girl: "Are you an iPad?"

Siri: I'm sorry I don't know what that means.

EVG: Are you an iPad?

Siri: No comment. If you like, I can search the web.

EVG: You're an iPad. You should know that!

Siri: If you insist.


Yesss... I wonder what the Edwardians would think of our technology :) I wonder if they would maintain that some things are still better off done by human hands?

Q: What's the funniest glitch you've ever had? - or did your frustration at lack of cooperation win out? ;)


The Lord said, ‘If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them.' Genesis 11v6

et il dit: Les voici qui forment un seul peuple et ont tous une même langue, et voilà ce qu'ils ont entrepris! Maintenant, rien ne les retiendra de faire tout ce qu'ils ont projeté.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment