Thursday, 1 August 2013

The gift that keeps on giving...

This year has proven for me to be the most maxed out I think I've ever been. Part of that is due to my natural gifting - a dying trend of yesteryear that so many people still need because it involves quality that there is no app for. My major workload ceased in April (apparently), but it took til June for my eye to stop twitching.
 


In being able to produce for my clients, I still have to leave room in there for family, and for rest, and for margin. The room for rest is the first to get used up, then the margin, then the family time. On Monday I'd made an agreement with myself in the morning to not take anyone else on until the end of school holidays. By evening, a client had asked for a "Could you just do...".

Hmmm. I told her I'd get back to her when I was in front of my diary. There's always a possibility, right?

This morning I made another internal agreement with myself not to take anyone else on because I want to spend time with the little Valleys while it's school holidays. Again. Someone contacted me for another "Could you just do...". They're only in the neighbourhood for another 48 hours. Of course.

If we didn't need to eat I'd be better at saying no, believe me.

There are times when I tuck my youngest Valley into bed at night and say, "Where have you been? Were you here today? I didn't see you? Where were you?" Naturally I'm joking, but she takes me seriously and looks offended. "I was here!" she all but pleads for me to understand.

Inside, my heart is pleading for her to understand, too. I know she does ;)

As much as I look forward to the day when I can spend that quality time with my kids and others, I'm not waiting for that day to track me down. I find it intentionally.

If ever you don't find me here or hear from me, I'll be one of three places:
1) Having the time of my life with family,
2) Working my butt off, or
3) Resting.

The blessing is enjoying the trip, and winning the war with priorities :)

Never underestimate the beauty of rest.


Q: What can you do to ensure you get more rest and prioritise the things that matter?
 
 
By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done. Genesis 2v2,3


Dieu acheva au septième jour son oeuvre, qu'il avait faite: et il se reposa au septième jour de toute son oeuvre, qu'il avait faite. Dieu bénit le septième jour, et il le sanctifia, parce qu'en ce jour il se reposa de toute son oeuvre qu'il avait créée en la faisant.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment