Sunday, 8 December 2013

Relax...

After a full-blown intro to the annual summer wedding season I am ready for a break already! Such a relief to farewell another success yesterday, and then to attend one of the weddings I'd assisted with. Phew! Three more months to go and already I feel a day spa visit or a big box of chocolates coming on.

 

I am reminded of God's goodness and His provision at times like these. I swear sometimes it's like I wave my hands over the work that needs to be done, and He does the rest and brings it all together. I'm not kidding. His help to me is very obvious, and I am so thankful (I guess that's the definition of working inside your gift).

What would YOU do if the bride accidentally spurted blood down the front of her dress right before she was supposed to wear it?

1) Grab her hand and tell her not to flick.
2) Calm her.
3) Get her out of the dress.
4) Ignore all instructions for raw silk and plunge it straight into a bucket of cold water.
5) Pray.
6) Watch the blood disappear before your eyes and THANK THE LORD. Again.
7) Iron it, and know that no one else will ever know of this drama.

It makes for a good story, and on that note, it will be a delight to get back to the business of writing. Fact is always more legendary than fiction.

My posts over the next little while may be few and far between (and I'm going to have to file down the long nails or I'm going to have to re-type everything thanks to typos! Pooh!)... But I WILL still be reading new books as well as ones by trusted authors, and I hope to make posts for some of those.

I've read a lot of rubbish recently. I know it's not flattering to say so, and it just isn't 'done' to tell people about these things, but there is some serious rubbish out there. It should give all aspiring authors a great amount of hope. Be assured I will blog about that at some point.

Stick to your guns, and please, WRITE WELL.

Hang in there, and don't let the rush of Christmas sweep you off your feet. Celebrate the Nativity. If you ignore it, there is no Christmas.

Much Aloha.



Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

Jésus lui dit: «C’est moi qui suis le chemin, la vérité et la vie. On ne vient au Père qu’en passant par moi.



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment