Saturday, 30 May 2015

Am I back? Really?

Talk about a false start. In many ways I can't believe it was January that I last made a post, but when I look back at even the last week, it is quite obvious as to why. They say that you give time to whatever you love, and as much as I love writing, I love my family more, proven lately by working the longest hours of my life.



My disappointment in not having the time to write is overcome by being able to provide for my family as well as spend time with them. It's a great combination. However I'm also old enough to know that if I don't spend a certain amount of time on creative me, frustration will peak quite readily. So, in recognition of the dust that has settled long enough for me to be able to dust off my dearly beloved laptop, I have also come back to write a post.

In the past five months there has been little time for expressing creativity as we have undergone an intriguing transformation as a family through a series and course of events we would never have thought do-able. Nothing life-threatening, but I think several of my friends must think I've either died or become a hermit from my lack of contact. But slowly and gradually, by the grace of God, they're finding out I've not dropped off the planet after all, and I'm slowing reappearing from being buried under work, packing boxes, and clients.

Not writing has also been fun. Yes, you read that correctly. It's been a recharge, a season to refuel, and as I (hopefully) continue to blog away that it will contain topics of interest. I'm never far away, and hope readers here can feel comfortable enough to either comment or tweet me and keep me coming back, too :)

I'm keen to share some fresh insights of my end in the publishing world, but first of all wanted to make a greeting. Yes, I'm still alive, and God is good, and that's my post for now. We are blessed to face new challenges, as it keeps us from being lazy :)

Catchya soon.


I lift up my eyes to the hills; where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of Heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1,2





 

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! You are alive. It has been a lot of Monday's under the bridge since we were going to get together on a Monday! Never mind it will have been worth the wait when it finally happens. Look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete